Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Sweet Treat Tuesday-Sweet and Salty Halloween Treats

I saw these cuties on my friend Avril's blog last week. I immediately decided I was making them for my bonfire last week. They were so easy to make, so cute, and so yummy! I think I ate 10 of them! These are perfect for Halloween treats and require no time at all to make them.

*If you missed my post yesterday, I'm hosting my first giveaway. So click here to enter!




Sweet and Salty Halloween Treats
from Baking and Creating with Avril

Ingredients:
Mini Pretzels (I used the snaps, shaped like squares, but you could use the twists too.)
Hershey Kisses Hugs (any kind of kisses would do)
Candy Corn

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or foil. Place pretzels on cookie sheet, not touching. Unwrap Hershey's Kisses and place on top of pretzels and then place filled cookie sheet in oven. Bake for 3-5 minutes but no longer.You will know they are ready when the Hershey Kisses start to get shiny. Take out of oven and gently place candy corn on top of Hershey Kisses, pushing down ever so gently. Cool and then transfer to serving platter or wrap up as gifts. I actually placed mine in the fridge for a few minutes to speed up the cooling process, and it worked perfectly.

This recipe has been linked to Recipe Swap Thursday at Prairie Story and Tasty Traditions .

3 comments:

  1. I'm planning a Candy Corn Post for October, would you mind if I used one picture and linked back to your page? I would love to include this great idea. Thanks!

    anisfavoritethings at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so cute with the candy corn! I have made them using M&Ms on top.

    ReplyDelete