Thursday, January 20, 2011

Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins

I needed something yummy and easy to make for my bible study this morning. I thought about what I had in the kitchen and then searched for a recipe. Let me just tell you, these were so yummy! I did stick to using all purpose flour this time, next time I will try the white wheat flour. They were so fluffy. I made them as mini muffins since I was serving them to a crowd. Make these this weekend. I'm sure you have all the ingredients, as long as you have bananas!



Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
from Mommy's Kitchen, originally from Takes Bakeshop Cookbook

Ingredients:
2 cups all purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup salted butter
1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
1/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 large eggs
1 1/2 cups mashed bananas
1/2 cup sour cream
1 cup chocolate chips

Directions:
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Grease a 12 cup muffin pan or line with muffin papers. Mix the flour, baking powder, soda and salt. Set aside. Cream the butter and the sugars until they are lights and fluffy. Add the vanilla and eggs and mix everything well. Mix in the bananas and sour cream. Fold in the flour mixture. Fold in the chocolate chips.

Spoon the mixture into prepared muffin cups to about 3/4 full. The cups will be very full, but don't worry they wont spread over. Bake 20 minutes for large muffins or 11 minutes for mini muffins, or toothpick inserted comes out of the center of one muffin clean.

This recipe is linked to Fat Camp Friday, Prairie StoryAround My Kitchen Table, Frugal Follies, and Coupon Cookin.

No comments:

Post a Comment