Monday, January 10, 2011

Snow Ice Cream

Well since we've had a lot of snow here today, I thought I'd make the boys some snow cream for dessert after dinner. This was their first experience with it, and let's just say they loved it. I haven't had it since I was a kid, and I know my mom didn't use sweetened condensed milk. It was so good! It is definitely sweet, so if you don't like your ice cream sweet, you may want to add more snow to even it out or make it the traditional way with sugar and milk.
Snow Ice Cream
from Mommy's Kitchen originally from Paula Deen

Ingredients:
8 - 9 cups freshly fallen snow
1 - (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
1 - teaspoon vanilla extract

Directions:
Place snow into a large bowl. Pour condensed milk over and add vanilla. Slowly Mix to combine. Serve immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment