Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Sweet Treat Tuesday-Oatmeal M&M Cookies

Let me just say that these cookies were super duper yummy!! I love oatmeal cookies, but I don't tend to make them very often. I have no idea why. I have another version of these that I came up with while making these that I'm going to try soon so I can share them with you guys. If you don't want to use M&;Ms, just put raisins in, but you'll be sorry you missed out on the chocolate addition!



Oatmeal M&M Cookies

Ingredients
2 sticks butter, softened
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon (If you don't like cinnamon, half this amount.)
1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
3 cups Quaker® Oats (quick or old fashioned, uncooked)
2 cups M&Ms

Directions:
Heat oven to 350°F. In large bowl, beat margarine and sugars until creamy. Add eggs and vanilla; beat well. Add combined flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; mix well. Add oats and M&Ms; mix well. I used my stand mixer for these.

Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets. I always use my silicone baking mat when making cookies.

Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool 1-2 minutes on cookie sheet; remove to wire rack. Cool completely. Store tightly covered.

Makes about 4 dozen

This recipe is linked to Fat Camp Friday and Prairie Story.

No comments:

Post a Comment