Thursday, April 28, 2011

Easter Cake Balls




I only got a picture of the purple ones, but there were also pink, white, and chocolate "eggs"


I am a terrible blogger, and I did not take any picture of the cute cake balls that I made for Easter, except for one poorly lit picture taken with my camera phone. I apologize.



They were nowhere NEAR as cute as the Easter Egg cake pops that Bakerella made, and I have insane respect for her cake pop making skills. I had no idea how difficult it was to make egg-looking cake balls, until I actually tried it.



It's a lot harder than it looks. Plus, you gotta get all the sprinkles on there, and sometimes the balls fall off the sticks, and they all looked lumpy...



I made 150 of the pops, though, to give away to my friends and professors on campus. Strawberry, yellow, and chocolate cake, with white (it was also pink and purple) or milk chocolate. Needless to say, I definitely got some good practice in. And thankfully, they still tasted amazing!



Maybe one day my pops will be good enough to be featured on Bakerella's blog in the Pop Star section, but then again, maybe I should just stick with cupcakes and cakes?



Edit: I lied. I did find one more picture saved on my phone:





Don't judge. This was only my first attempt. :-P







No comments:

Post a Comment