Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Wilton Classes





So I'm taking this Wilton "intro to cake decorating" class--- okay, I get it! I don't need to take this class, but I do *want* to.



I already know the basics...I taught myself back when I was 14 using my aunt's old Wilton books (from the 70s? 80s?) and YouTube, but I never got professional instruction. So I guess you could say I'm just doing this out of order. Or you could say that I've been procrastinating for 5 years...



And even though the class is kinda sorta super easy for me, I am still picking up some tricks, and once I get through this class, I can take the next one (flowers!), which is where the fun really starts (hopefully).



I know that I learn a lot more about cake decorating at work (and get paid to learn, to boot), and that the instruction is definitely more advanced than how to crumb coat a cake or ice a cupcake or make buttercream frosting, but... well... it's kinda a refresher course! ;-)



I really don't think I have anything to lose from taking the class, and who knows, maybe I'll be teaching them one day!





No comments:

Post a Comment