Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Peanut Butter Cake Balls




Don't those look amazing?!




My cake ball craving has been satisfied. I made some peanut butter cake balls the other day! After consulting with my favorite picky eater (my sister Katie) to choose a flavor, we settled on peanut butter. The other contenders were strawberry limeade, chocolate/orange, pina colada, and raspberry. I still haven't ruled out those flavors, though, and I'll probably make them when I get back to school (lots of taste testers on a college campus!)



But let's get back to the peanut butter! It's a yellow cake with vanilla icing and peanut butter (and a little milk)-- super easy. I dunked them in semi-sweet chocolate, which was tempered of course. (I hate tempering chocolate. But I also hate confectionary coating, so I went with the lesser of two evils. The thing is, tempering chocolate is a Pain. In. The. Butt. I use the "Cooking for Engineers" method, but if you can think of an easier one, let me know!)






A picture of a basketball for reference. (Just in case somebody needed it.)
So next I'd like to make some kind of cute cake pops, but I haven't really settled on a design I like yet. However, I plan to flip through Bakerella's book tomorrow and get some good ideas. Right now all I can think of is basketballs (because they're round [unlike those awful easter eggs] and they're all one color [mostly]. I think I'm just being lazy, though).





No comments:

Post a Comment