Monday, June 20, 2011

Scones!





I made scones a few months ago, and they were so delicious, I'm still thinking about them. The best part? They're made with Bisquick, so the recipe is super easy. In fact, I'm thinking about making them again (my mom keeps asking me, too), but first, let me share the recipe with you!


Chocolate Chip Scones:


Ingredients:



  • 2 cups Original Bisquick® mix

  • 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips

  • 1/3 cup whipping (heavy) cream

  • 3 tablespoons sugar

  • 1 egg

  • 1 teaspoon vanilla

  • Additional whipping (heavy) cream

  • Additional sugar





Directions:



  1. Heat oven to 425°F. Spray cookie sheet with cooking spray or grease with shortening. Stir Bisquick mix, chocolate chips, 1/3 cup whipping cream, 3 tablespoons sugar, the egg and vanilla in medium bowl until soft dough forms.

  2. Pat into 8-inch circle on cookie sheet (if dough is sticky, dip fingers in Bisquick mix). Brush circle with additional whipping cream; sprinkle with additional sugar. Cut into 8 wedges, but do not separate.

  3. Bake about 12 minutes or until golden brown; carefully separate. Serve warm.

Recipe from Betty Crocker. I also added raspberries in my scones. I don't remember exactly how much, but I think it was 1/2 cup of fresh raspberries, chopped up in kinda-sorta big chunks. I think I also added more chocolate chips than the recipe called for. I don't really remember. but I'll update you when I made this again.


They taste best warm, so feel free to microwave them for a few seconds to heat them back up if your scones are cold!





No comments:

Post a Comment