Friday, March 18, 2011

Wild Birthday


Imagine a birthday celebration that is part science lesson and part safari. That's what my friend Joshua had last weekend when Dan Breeding came to his party. Dan is the man behind Wild Animal Encounters and he is famous for his animal parties. Click on the link to see more. I haven't seen Dan in person yet, but I've seen the pictures and heard the tales. One of these days, I'll get to meet him and his animal friends. In the meantime, I'll just keep making cakes for the parties!


Here's the latest one. It's a big fudge marble cake with peanut butter filling and buttercream "swamp water" icing. Dan and Joshua are riding on Auggie, Dan's 7 foot alligator, along with Maddy, a black and white ruffed lemur from Madagascar. Auggie was sculpted from rice cereal treats and covered with fondant. The rest is sugar paste.

I was so excited that Dan himself commented on a picture of this cake on Facebook.  He said it was one of his favorite cakes - and he sees a lot of 'em!  This is the second cake I have made for a Wild Animal Encounters party.  Click here to see the first one.

No comments:

Post a Comment