Friday, April 29, 2011

The Royal Wedding

This morning I woke up before the crack of dawn, 4:00, to watch the pre-show of the royal wedding. I had to peel my eyelids back, but I made it to the living room in time to be a part of all the wedding festivities. The excitement was in the air with the rolls royce waiting just outside Kate's hotel, the anticipation of the arrival of guests, and finally of the royal family. I felt like I was there! I took a couple of pictures, only a hundred or so, of the TV to document what I saw today.


Kate looked absolutely gorgeous, and I was so impressed by how calm she seemed the entire time. I wonder if her stomach was in a knot. Can you imagine walking for four consecutive minutes with not only the world's royalty gazing upon you, but two billion people?! I admire her.




Westminster Abbey looked spectacular! Brings back fond memories of when I was there years ago for a college course. It looks exactly the same, and extraordinarily different -- it's incredible to think that I walked where William and Kate walked and saw the things they saw. Must make a pilgrimage.






I love yellow. I think I was a queen in a past life.




The ring finally went on! I thought he was going to have to leave it hanging before her knuckle for a minute there. Persistence gets the job done, though!




Mawwww....replay of the couple's first kiss...it was so quick I didn't have a chance to snap a picture when it actually happened! How great that they gave the people another kiss, too!





They make such a beautiful couple, and you can tell that they truly love each other. What an inspiring story! Who would have thought that your average girl would meet, date, and marry Prince William?

found it especially exciting to watch this special day. William is only a couple of years older than me, and I remember growing up with him (well, via pictures and television). I, like many other girls my age, had his picture on my wall and dreamed of marrying him one day.And Kate got to do it! How fabulous.

I celebrated along with the royals. Leftover strawberry champagne cake from Easter was the perfect cake to honor the couple, and man was it delicious! Notice my coffee mug...rather fitting, I thought. :)







Wishing the couple a lifetime of happiness and love!

No comments:

Post a Comment